God Burns Time

Tuesday, November 08, 2005

It's about a Relationship

From True Believers Don't Ask Why by John Fischer, pg 12

"And when you pray, do not keep on babbling like the pagans, for they think they will be heard because of their many words. Do not be like them, for your Father knows what you need before you ask Him." (Matt. 6:7-8).

So why bother? Because even though He knows what I need, He doesn't address it until I ask. It's as if the asking and the receiving are only secondary as far as the Father is concerned. he already knows that I need before I ask Him. He simply wants to hear from me, to talk with me. It's a relationship He desires more than anything. All this asking, seeking, and knocking is just an excuse for a nearness God longs for more than we can ever know or fathom. God wants to be friends with us! It is for such a relationship that we were created.